A lot of us like to sit down with an amazing book from our preferred genre at the end of the day. It seems like the perfect way to unwind after a hectic day of summer or to enjoy the cozy winters. However, our busy schedules do not allow us to finish a book most of the time. That is when audiobooks come in handy.
Audiobooks are narrated versions of written books. And Amazon Audible is one of the best in class. It has a massive collection of over 50,000 books. It houses books from many genres like religious, motivational, romantic, etc. You can also find popular high school books to enjoy as a light-hearted read.
On top of that it is accessible on a variety of devices like phones, tablets, PC, and laptops. You can also share and recommend your favorite books to your fellow bibliophiles. Awesome, isn’t it?
If you are wondering, “how can you share audible books for free?”, we are here with the answer. Our article is going to give you step-by-step guidance on “How to share an audible book”. The text features of our table of contents explain the scope of the article.
A part of the family of the digital giant Amazon, the Audible is a digital audio player. Its main job is to produce narratives of various books and make it easier for people to access books when they cannot actually read them.
So, you can enjoy your favorite books while traveling or on your morning jogging session, without needing to carry those heavy novels.
How Can You Share Audible Books on Audible
Audible is the largest audiobook producer in the US, with almost 200,000 audio programs. The library is impressive and houses books from a large variety of genres.
But that’s not all. You can also share your favorite Audible audiobooks with anyone you want, just like you would share your hardcover novels.
Sharing Audible books is a very easy process. There are several methods that you can use for the same. Whether you want to use the website or the application, both of these mediums will let you share. You can also gift Audible books to your loved ones.
We are now going to discuss all the ways you can share an audiobook in Audible. Read on to discover how to share books on Audible.
How to Share Audible Books?
Sharing an audiobook on Audible is a very easy process. There are 3 methods by which you can recommend the books to people you want.
The Amazon Household option lets you share your Amazon Prime benefits with 2 adults at a time. This also includes the Amazon Audible
So, how to share an audible book? Read on and follow the upcoming steps.
1. Through Amazon Household
Amazon Household lets you share Prime benefits, like Audible books, streaming, free shipping, and whole foods discount. Even if you cannot transfer books completely to another account, you can share the books in a way that both members can access the audiobooks whenever they want to.
The family library option is viable only for family members added to your Amazon household. You can link a maximum of 2 adult accounts with whom you can share audiobooks, e-books, apps, and games. You can also add 4 kids’ accounts, which will be a subpart of the adult profiles.
- Now click on “Add Adult”, “Add a Teen” or “Add a Child”.
- Now, we are directed to the “Invite” page.
- In the given girls, enter the name and email of the recipient.
- Now click on “Sign Up Together on this device”.
- You will be asked to enter the recipient account details i.e. name and email address.
- Tap on “Verify Account”.
- Follow by clicking on “Create Household”.
After creating a household, you can add anyone to share your interests with them.
- Tap on “Manage Your Content and Devices”.
- Now click on “Content”.
- From the drop-down that appears on the screen, click on “Audiobooks”.
- Follow by clicking on “Family Library”.
- Then click on “Add to Library”.
- Now all the members in the ‘Household Library’ can view the shared content.
One thing should be kept in mind whenever you choose to add members to your Amazon Household, they will be able to access other account-related information as well, like your transaction details.
This method is the preferred one, as compared to others. Now we are going to describe another method. If you do not wish to share your account preferences and information, you can go for the next methods.
2. Share Content Directly
First off, let us discuss the most straightforward method: the direct sharing technique. This one is quite easy and is also useful even if the receiver does not have an Audible account. This offers them the option of a free trial on Audible as well.
These are the steps you have to follow:
- Go to the official Audible website or start the Audible application on your phone.
- Then click on the “Discover” or “Library” tab.
- Now, select the book you would like to share.
- Follow by clicking on the title of the book.
- You would now be able to see the share icon in the top right corner. Click on it.
- Now we will be presented with a list of options you can use to share the book.
- Then from the list of options, select the one you would like to share your book through, for example, WhatsApp, WeChat, Telegram, or E-mail.
- Now, select the contact you want to share the book with.
- They will get the notification along with an Audible free trial option.
- One more way could be to copy the link of the book and send it via any messaging app.
There is one more method for sharing through the Audible website.
3. Sharing from the Website
Amazon Audible books can be shared through the official website as well. You do not need to have the application. Just access the official website and share right from there. We are now discussing the detailed steps for the same.
- Search for “Amazon Audible” on Google and click on the official website link of Audible.
- Log in to your Amazon account.
- Now, at the top, you can see the option of “Library”. Click on it.
- In the library, search for the book you want and then click on it.
- This will direct you to a new page with certain details about the book.
- At the bottom of the page, you will find “Give as a Gift”.
- You will now be provided with a “How would you like to send your gift?” form.
- Fill up the form with details such as the recipient’s email address, the recipient’s name, and the delivery date. Then click on the “Send” button.
Next up is the ‘Household’ method. The Amazon Household method is one of the first methods to share audible books.
You can also share books through your free trial account of Audible. The next few steps will guide you on how to do it.
4. Using the Free Trial Account
For those who are yet to pay for full membership, Amazon offers a trial Audible account. The free trial lets you access all the options and offers of the Amazon Audible account, along with the book-sharing option. The free trial is valid for 30 days, and you can cancel anytime you feel like.
Audible also lets you gift books to the people you want. The feature allows you to gift books both online or by delivering the hard copy to their doorstep.
5. Gifting Audible Books
This is also a method of sending Audible books to any of your friends or family members. However, in this case, you have to buy the audiobook yourself and then send it to the particular person.
- Go to the Audible website.
- Now, log into your Audible account.
- The next step is to select the audiobook you want to send.
- Click on “Browse” and go to “Audiobooks”.
- After you have selected the book, just click on its title, followed by clicking on the “Give as a Gift” tab.
- Now, enter the name and email of the person you want to share the book with.
- Next, click on “Send” and you can share the audiobook.
- You will be redirected to the payment page where you can buy the book.
You can also buy a gift membership if the recipient does not have an Audible account. Audible offers many options in membership plans as well. If you can’t decide which one to go for the recipient, you can also offer them a gift card. This will allow them to choose the membership and audiobook at their convenience.
Keep an eye on the best deals on Amazon gift cards. Amazon offers many deals and discounts during their sales or promotions. Check out the Amazon website regularly for offers on gift cards. Or, you can also buy them in bulk, which will eventually help you minimize the individual cost.
When you send a gift card to someone, they need to redeem it. Entering the gift card code through the Audible account credits the gift card amount, which can be used to buy membership or books.
The audible is free of cost for everyone with an Amazon account. You can access it for a free trial and read a plethora of books from any genre ranging from mythology, and entertainment, to education and self-help. And now, you can share your interest with your friends and family.
The steps mentioned in this article would be very helpful for anyone wanting to benefit from the book-sharing option of Audible. Explore all the cool options of this service and share your favorites with your favorites.
One thing to remember is that every user can redeem only one free book from the recommendations. Following that, the user needs to either purchase the book or use some credit code to access the book(s).
Apart from this, you get the option of sharing your Audible books by using the app and through the website, even the free trial account.
Note: The earlier “Send This Book” method is not functional anymore, since its removal in April 2021. However, we are presenting some other techniques that would help you the same.