After the occurrence of Covid-19, many changes have come in educational infrastructure. Children have found online videos, meetings, and discussions to be effective ways to learn and grow. Flip application is nothing but a professional learning community where groups are formed, videos are shared, discussions are made, and growth thrives.
This interactive application also allows children to interact, respond and react to the discussions and videos. FlipGrid has brought an effective way of learning for children, where they can learn with a team that supports and discusses.
Specifications and Ratings of myflipgrid
Flipgrid application has turned effective for kids, as it helps them practice and grow their social skills. Let’s get the gist of this application from the publisher to price details.
|Publisher Name||Flipgrid, Inc.|
|Ages||18 and older|
|Discovered on||20 October 2015|
|Last Updated||6 Jan 2023|
What is FlipGrid Used For?
Flipgrid is a free user-friendly teaching tool that can be applied across various levels of academics, disciplines, and learning. You create groups from learning to games, Learn through videos, create one, and join discussions with other curious minds. It extends learning and teaching from the expected norms around the classroom walls, with more exposure to social exposure.
Flipgrid has now been updated to Flip. The same tool with a new look and improved features, inspired by the community. Social learning is now the place where most of the learning exists, and FlipGrid provides one such socially friendly platform to us.
The virtual community formed through groups and video discussion leads them to respond to topics more effectively with flipgrid’s class grid functions. The videos you make can be altered with various stickers, GIFs, audio, and texts. Let’s have a look at the login ways with easy steps to dive into Flip: a free video discussion app.
Flipgrid Login Details. How to Login?
An application that helps both teachers and students to interact with the subject and its connected experiments, assignments, and queries in a more fun format. All you need to do is download this application, available for Android, iOS, and website users, and log in to its platform through Sign Up with Google, Microsoft, and Apple.
Steps to sign in are as follows,
- Download the application Flipgrip from either Google or Apple App Store. You can also visit their official website info.flip.com.
- Click on the Sign-Up option if you are a new member.
- Next, choose the account through which you would like to Sign In. For example, Sign up with Microsoft or Google account.
- Fill in your Birth details, and thereafter you will get introduced to their platform.
Now that we have signed up for the flip grid let us know the steps to create a group and have some fun learning ahead.
Check Out This Video For Flipgrid Signup, Login, Create Group and Topic
How to Create a Group on Flip?
Flipgrid allows us to grow and learn through different aspects. It allows you to be a part of a learning community where people interact through videos and are part of various groups that invite participation socially.
Let’s find out how to create a group of flip grids.
- Sign Up for your flip grid account.
- Next, in the top right corner you will find the “+”option. Click it.
- Among the two options appearing, select “Create Group”.
- You will get large group-type options to choose from Classroom to Gaming and Arts and Music. Select one of them.
- Click on the option “Tap to name your group”. Write the name as per your desire.
- Also, select the background texture to feature your group.
- Now, on the top right, tap on the option “Done.”
- On the next page, click Continue. Your group will be created.
Now, you can either give an introduction by telling your story in the beginning, share the link for the group discussion, do weekly check-in, or invite new members whenever you want.
Tips For Making Effective Best Videos on Flip
To introduce yourself to the fun, engaging social video learning community, one must create a video that stands effective. Coming are some ways that will help you shape the best videos on the social learning platform of Flipgrid. Before creating a video you must allow the application to access the photo, gallery, videos, camera, and audio.
- Text: One can add text to their flipgrid videos to make them more informative. Little short idioms and phrases or hashtags can turn a normal video more effective.
- Trending Stickers: Stickers are another fun, and when added to videos, they make the videos more interesting. One can showcase their creativity by placing the various stickers in the right place.
- Emoji: Emojis can help you showcase the moods and expressions that are rather difficult to bring up on a video. With the bulk of emojis, a learning video can become more fun to learn.
- Audio: While you make a video, the top right option of Audio will help you add voice-over to any text you add. It is easy to remove the audio also by unmuting it with a click.
- Flip Lenses: Lenses are currently running as trends, and what a perfect way to grab an audience or draw our points or queries. It is an effective and strategic part of video creation when one can end transitions and textures that are efficient.
- Filters: Filters can help you turn the background nature of your video. From giving it a black-white getup to showcasing the spring vibes, various filter options can help you break the normal norm of traditional videos.
- Draw: Yes, you can draw. Through markers of different colors, you can underline your statement, clear your thought and improve the normal contribution of your video.
Pros and Cons of Flipgrid
Flipgrid helps a diverse group of students, educators, and families. From the voices that get shared to the queries that get solved, there are millions of social practices and activities being formed on its website. Let’s figure out the pros and cons of flipgrid from the table presented below.
|Priceless technology for engaging students||Age restriction 18 and older|
|Social-friendly platform||Heavy application|
|Fostering Virtual Community||Not presentation-friendly|
Teachers and Students Review on Flipgrid
Being a social learning application that works on organizational and productive skills, Flipgard has received criticism that showcases its performance. The criticism is mostly about the bugs and errors present in the application. Let’s hear out some of those.
- Using this was very tedious; it drained my battery. It really needs to be optimized better, as the video was not of high quality by any means, and it took 4-5 hours to get uploaded.
- This application takes forever to upload videos, and sometimes it doesn’t even upload them. This issue is persistent, and annoying and must be addressed by the developers.
- Still needs work. There are definitely still glitches that make assignments really annoying or frustrating.
- I have been using the desktop version of Flipgrid to run band classes and music lessons during distance learning. The platform has been working very well for our needs. My only suggestion is that there should be a better way for students to receive feedback videos.
- It’s been a great way to stay connected with my students during the shutdown! It gets a little annoying after continually making my videos in reply.
Why Choose Flip Application?
After understanding the application through its operating ways and meeting the pros and cons list with the customer’s review, here are some reasons why one should Flip the application.
In addition to learning, huge assignments, and tasks, flipgrid for educators is doing more. It is liberating them from the earlier anxious situation of a classroom wall and turns them to open up through their own videos. Not just videos and reacting emojis, but one also gets exposure to creativity while building those stickers and text containing video.
Flipgrid for educators helps them turn creators and preach growth. Students are allowed to interact in a prompting different way with emojis, stickers, and texts by the means of videos.
Flipgrid has made the lessons more fun and interesting. The groups formed can help teachers and students interact in a more groundbreaking way, where videos are created, creativity is shown, queries are solved, and solutions are drawn. Though the application carries bugs in its operation and video creation, the idea is truly tempting and completely out of the box.
Ans: The maximum time limit for the Flipgrid video is 10 minutes.
Ans: Grid term in the application signifies the communities of learners. For a teacher, it would resemble the class or the group of students he/she has.
Ans: The flip camera has huge fun-packed emojis, lenses, music, and stickers that turn normal learning into fun.