Chegg has become a household name, with 7.8 million subscribers in 2021 alone. This online learning service is immensely helpful to students worldwide. It offers textbooks at much lower rates, assists with homework worries, answers academic queries, writes essays, solves complex math problems, and offers tutoring classes. It’s an all-rounder for the students that follows the universal design for learning.
Chegg has membership plans and many paid services. A subscription to any of these plans is the best way to enjoy the benefits of Chegg. However, students do like to try out the features of the platform before paying full prices for its membership plans or services. This is why they are either searching for free Chegg answers or getting a free Chegg Subscription.
So, is Chegg free? Well, the answer is both yes and no. Chegg does offer a free trial version for students to check out the features. And some of its features are also available as discounts or for trial. However, there are specific steps to access these benefits.
We will now discuss how to access Chegg’s trial. Additionally, we would also talk about the benefits of the free trial and Chegg subscription plans.
Before we discuss how to access Chegg for free, let us first get to know about the Chegg subscription price along with the benefits of the Chegg membership.
How Much Does Chegg Cost?
The homework help service offers membership plans that unlock all the features offered to students. This is a great investment, given that Chegg services are famed for their efficiency and accuracy.
There are two major plans for Chegg membership. Apart from that, you can also subscribe to some individual services. You have to pay as per the plan or feature you choose.
First, you need to create an account on Chegg. If you already have an account, you have to start with the Chegg login procedure. Then you can move on to select a suitable subscription plan.
These are the 2 subscription plans for Chegg:
Chegg Study Subscription
This is the basic plan of Chegg. You can subscribe to this plan at just $15.95 per month. It includes:
- Homework and assignment help for a wide range of subjects.
- Up to 90% off on all textbook purchases and rentals.
- Textbook solutions for all the subjects.
- Posting 20 questions each month to the Q&A section and getting them answered by experts.
- Basic flashcards.
- 1-month free access to the Chegg premium plan.
The second one is the Chegg Premium Plan. This one comes with a few more additional options and features.
Chegg Study Pack Subscription
This is the premium plan at Chegg. It costs $19.95 per month and includes:
- All basic plan features.
- Mock tests and practice quizzes.
- Posting an unlimited number of questions in the Q&A section.
- Guided video lessons for all subjects.
- Live tutoring sessions.
- A writing tool for all your essay-related assignments.
- A Math tool for solving complex mathematical problems.
Apart from these two, Chegg’s writing tool and math tools are available individually as well. You can subscribe to the Writing service for $9.95, which includes EasyBib, Plagiarism Checker, and Grammar Checker.
The math tool is also available for $9.95 to tackle all your math-related worries. And to hire a tutor for classes, you have to pay $7 a month.
Chegg also offers certain student discounts and Chegg coupons for the students. These offers are active for a specific period of time. So, you are advised to be on the lookout for them.
These are the offers available as of July 2023:
|Chegg Study Pack Membership||At 20% Off|
|Textbook Purchase||With 90% Off on all used textbooks and free shipping for purchases over $35|
|Textbook Rentals||Up to 90% Off|
|Science Books||20% Off|
|Economics and Business Books||Up to and more than 20% Off|
|College textbooks||30-90% Off on various textbooks|
|Solution Manual||Free with a subscription to Chegg Study|
|Plagiarism Checker||Free 3-day Trial|
|eBooks||Free eBooks until you get your textbooks delivered|
|Proofreading||Expert proofreading trial for 3 days|
|eBook Subscription||Get the subscription at $6.99 and enjoy the benefit of unlimited rental time|
|Spell Checker||Available for Free|
|Return Policy||Easy returns and refunds for 21 days|
|Math Solver||Get 3 solutions for free|
|Flash Cards||Available for free for selected subjects|
|Grammar Checker||Available for free|
|Cancellation||No extra charges for cancellation|
|eReader App||Read all eBooks on your mobiles and tablets with the free eReader app|
These Chegg coupons and discounts help students access the various productive services of Chegg for free or at affordable prices. One more way to benefit from Chegg services is its free trial, which we are going to discuss next.
How to Get a Chegg Free Trial?
A lot of students who want to try Chegg have the common question, “Does Chegg have a free trial?”. Well, let us have a discussion on this.
Chegg does offer free trial coupons to new users. However, these are not always available. The free trial feature of Chegg is released from time to time, so you have to be on the lookout for it. You can access all the brilliant services Chegg has to offer and can decide whether to move forward with the proper membership or not.
Chegg’s trial period can last 4 weeks. Is Chegg free for these 4 weeks? Absolutely! During this time, you can utilize the exciting options of assistance with your homework and assignments, tutoring sessions, career counseling, and support. And this free trial helps you decide whether you need Chegg, and if yes, then which Chegg plans to go for.
If you happen to stumble upon Chegg’s free trial period offer, this is how you will be able to utilize this limited-time offer.
- Go to the official Chegg website.
- Now click on the Study tab at the top of the page.
- You will be directed to a new page.
- Now tap on Try Chegg study.
- You can avail of this option by creating a new account or through your existing Chegg account.
- Now choose the membership plan you deem suitable for yourself.
- You will be directed to the payment gateway.
- Enter your credit card details in the designated columns.
- Now, your credit card details need to be validated by Chegg.
- After verifying your account details and identity, your registration will be completed.
- Your free trial begins now.
You can also get a free trial of the premium pack of Chegg with a subscription to Chegg Study.
When you sign up for Chegg’s free trial, you will not be charged to access any of the features offered by it. However, the payment will start after the trial period ends.
Now that we have discussed Chegg’s price per month, we shall talk about the next important matter: How to cancel the subscription on time?
Suggested Read: Tips and Tricks on How to Unblur Course Hero
How to Cancel Chegg Subscription?
The 4-week trial period requires you to enter your credit card details before you start. So, after your Chegg trial period ends, you won’t be able to access Chegg for free, and your card will automatically be charged to continue the membership. Chegg is accessible through its official website on PC, Android, and iPhone. We are going to discuss the 3 methods you need to use to unsubscribe after your Chegg trial period ends.
Via Official Website (PC and Desktop)
It is advisable to cancel your Chegg membership before the free trial ends. Here are the steps you can follow to cancel or pause a subscription to Chegg through the official website:
- Go to Chegg.com.
- Sign in to your account.
- Now click on the profile icon.
- Choose My Account from the drop-down menu.
- Now click on Orders at the top of the page.
- Then go to Manage Your Subscription.
- Now, you can either choose to click on Pause Your Subscription or Cancel Your Subscription.
Apart from the official website, these services can be accessed through Chegg’s Android and iOS applications as well. Now we will talk about steps to cancel a Chegg subscription for those who use it on Android and iPhone.
Through Android Application
The steps to cancel the subscription via an Android device are a bit different. On Android, the subscription is managed through the Google Play Store. You just have to follow the below-mentioned procedure:
- Go to the Google Play Store application on your Android device.
- Now, click on the profile icon in the top right corner.
- Then, click on Payments & Subscriptions.
- Followed by tapping on Subscriptions.
- You will be presented with a list of all the subscriptions you have purchased.
- Select Chegg from the list.
- Now, click on Cancel Subscription.
This way, you have successfully canceled your Chegg subscription. Next, let us learn how to do the same on iOS.
Using an iPhone
As users of Chegg must know, you can also sign up on Chegg using your Apple ID. So unsubscribing to Chegg’s services is also done using the very same Apple ID you used to register on Chegg. The following set of steps is for iPhone and iPad users:
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and select Subscriptions.
- Now, from the list of subscriptions that appear, choose Chegg.
- Then, select Cancel Subscription.
- Finally, confirm by tapping on Yes.
The Chegg trial period will let you use all the features and services offered by the Chegg plan you have chosen. Let us throw some light on the many perks this free trial could offer.
Also Read: Let’s Find the Answer to the Question: Should Cell Phones be Allowed in Schools
Why Go for Chegg Free Trial?
Chegg’s uniquely efficient approach to the world of education is the reason behind its popularity. The American ed-tech platform not only offers so many convenient features, but it is also a very user-friendly and reliable platform.
Chegg’s free trial will give you a glimpse of all its features. You can enjoy all the benefits of Chegg without spending even a penny.
Here are all the features that come with the trial:
- Textbook Rental: One of Chegg’s most talked about features is textbook rental. You can rent or buy books, both physical copies and e-books, at very low prices. You can get a discount of up to 90%. If you order physical textbooks, they will be delivered to you at your doorstep.
- Homework Help: This is the second most popular Chegg service. Students prefer Chegg’s homework help service as it offers detailed, accurate solutions in a very short time. Just upload your homework questions and get step-by-step answers and solutions to them from experts.
- Live Tutoring: Chegg offers online tutoring classes for a long list of subjects. You can choose the subject you want assistance with, and you will be provided with a tutor for one-on-one classes where all your doubts will be cleared.
- Internships and Scholarships: Chegg is a platform that offers a variety of scholarships to its students to encourage them. Along with that, you can also choose to enroll in internships with Chegg, which can help you earn money from this reputable academic website.
Chegg provides a customizable dashboard to all its account holders. You can access the various services of Chegg through this dashboard. Additionally, you can also check out your course progress, purchases, available offers, etc., from there. Chegg’s services are applicable to a variety of subjects.
Suggested Post: 15 Popular High School Books to Brush Up Your Knowledge
Which Subjects Does Chegg Cover?
All of Chegg’s resources are equally efficient for all the subjects covered by Chegg. Chegg hires subject experts to provide accurate and well-explained solutions and answers to questions on any subject.
Following is the list of subjects that you can refer to Chegg for:
- Evolutionary Biology
- Cell Biology
- General Biology
- Operations Management
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Statistics and Probability
- Advanced Math
- Other Math
You can rent or purchase textbooks related to any of the subjects mentioned above. Chegg has dedicated subject-matter experts for all the subjects on the list above.
Chegg is no doubt a beneficial and smart AI friend that can prove to be a boon for the hectic student life. However, there is an increase in the cases of cheating by using educational services like these, which has made the usage quite controversial.
The Debated Usage of Chegg
Chegg came to make studying easier and more fun. Their tagline, “Smarter Way to Student”, is justified by the methodical approach employed by its subject-matter experts and the systemized resources offered by the platform.
What started as an assignment help service has now gained a bad reputation because people are using it irresponsibly. Chegg’s model solutions make it a top choice for many. However, using these solutions to cheat in exams is completely unethical.
The problems arise when students use the answers in exams or for homework without trying to learn anything. This sort of deceitful behavior is bound to get them in trouble someday.
There have been several incidents of students getting expelled or getting their exams canceled due to copying from Chegg. A lot of students may not know this, but it is quite easy for teachers to find out this sort of discretion.
Sometimes the answers may be wrong too, as they may have been posted by some random Chegg user through the Q&A section. Only answers from an expert Chegg tutor can be considered right.
Chegging your assignments or any academic queries is not exactly cheating. But copying the answers as it is surely is.
Remember that if you pick Chegg answers and paste them as your own, they can easily be detected by various plagiarism-checking tools. So there is no point in acting smart.
To avoid these repercussions, people have also started to opt for Chegg alternatives, which can provide academic help as well.
A free trial is the best way to experience the service without paying your hard-earned money. This helps you understand whether it is worth it or not. Chegg’s trial period lets you utilize all its resources and judge for yourself.
Even though Chegg is emerging as a cult favorite, some of the students might not use all of the services. So trying out the Chegg free trial in advance helps them decide whether they need a full membership or just want to purchase selective services.