TTU was established on February 10th, 1925, in Lubbock, Texas, United States. Its two other campuses are located in Beatty County and Amarillo. It is a part of the Texas Tech University System, an autonomous institution that was founded in 1923. TTU offers degrees in 150+ programs across 13 faculties.
In order to enhance educational tools and make learning easy and accessible, the university introduced several tools like TTU Raiderlink, TechMail, and Blackboard.
TTU Blackboard is a virtual learning management system of Texas Tech University that is similar to the UEI Student Portal. It is available for all courses that are offered by the institute. The portal serves the features like online learning, teaching, and knowledge sharing.
In this article, we are going to discuss TTU Blackboard and all the related information.
Setting Up TTU Blackboard Account
This platform encompasses all the campuses of Texas Tech University and offers comprehensive coverage. It is not just a time-saving solution for students but also benefits teachers by easy delivery of classes using instructional strategies, facilitating communication through features such as blog publications, email, and instant messaging, etc. It allows them to exchange ideas and discuss the curriculum to improvise the overall educational experience.
If you are a student at TTU and want to get returns from the portal, it is first required to set up your account:
- Visit the official website of TTU eRaider Account and go to the Set Up Account option.
- On the landing page, fill in all the required details such as your first name, last name, DoB, and code. Then click on Confirm button.
- In case your account is manually authorized by a staff member instead of automatically authorized by the portal, you may be required to enter your biographical information. After filling in this information carefully, select Continue.
- Then, the portal will ask for your contact information, which will be used to reset your password or username in the future. Here, you have to enter the phone number and an alternate email address. After that, click on Continue.
- After that, eRaider will send verification codes to your phone number and email address. So, type the codes into the respective fields and click on Continue.
- Now, type a password of your choice that meets all the requirements. Then, select Continue.
- Lastly, review the information that you have submitted and if it is correct, approve it by selecting Complete Account Set-Up, otherwise go back and re-enter the correct information.
- Now, you can note down the eRaider Username that will be displayed on the screen.
Now, the portal will take about 30 minutes to finalize your account. And once it is done, you can easily access your dashboard by entering your username and password.
Texas Tech Blackboard Login Steps
After setting up the account, you can continue with the login process. But before that, you have to fulfill some prerequisites:
- Link to the official site of TTU Blackboard.
- TTU username and password to log in.
- A smartphone or PC to complete the login process.
- A stable cellular network or Wi-Fi connection.
- An updated version of the web browser.
If all of this is ready, you can further move with the Blackboard login TTU. The complete procedure for the same is given below:
- First, visit the official website of Blackboard TTU login.
- Now, you are required to fill in your TTU – e-Raider or TTU-HSC – e-Raider username. Apart from them, you can also use your “@ttu.edu” student portal email to complete the process.
- Then, enter your password in the respective box.
- At last, click on the Sign-in button to continue to the portal and get access to your TTU Blackboard.
Now, you can easily explore the content of your course, its syllabus, study material, tutorials, and others. For this, you just have to visit the ‘Courses’ link in the upper right corner > My Courses > Course.
Benefits of TTU Blackboard Login
Blackboard serves various features to students and makes their college life easier. It allows them to submit assignments online and work with various built-in web-based tools such as e-portfolios, wikis, and blogs.
Here, several benefits that you can enjoy as a student after completing the login process to your TTUBlackboard account are given:
- It provides the facility of encrypted TechMail to the students, which may contain the personal information of their documents and photos.
- If you are studying at TTU, you’ll receive a unique, encrypted Login ID and password to access the platform.
- RaderNet helps students in keeping them up-to-date with their course registration, projects, and exams. It also allows them to check their rankings, grades, and others.
- The Blackboard TTU login provides direct access to the Eagle Online TTU login.
- With the help of your account, you can easily send multiple messages to multiple users at the same time.
- An eRaider account will also be provided to you for electronic identification.
- As a student, you can also review the information about your work, assignments, and degree.
- The portal helps you in checking the complete details regarding your classes and their schedule.
- It also allows joining a new class and withdraw your enrollment from the current one whenever you want.
- One of the best things about the Blackboard login is that it provides all the latest news and updates regarding the notices, press releases, and notifications issued by the university.
- Also, you can collect updates about direct deposits made in your student account.
- In case of emergency, you can also find out some important contact numbers here.
All these benefits make the TTU Blackboard Sign-in user-friendly and support distant learning with easy availability of learning materials and information.
Further, some other Blackboard-related topics are discussed for your help.
How to Reset TTU Blackboard Sign-in Password and Username?
In case you are facing any trouble while logging in to your TTU account or regenerating your username or password, firstly, make sure all the entered details are correct. If you are still unable to access your account, consider the resetting process described here to get access to your eRaider account.
To recover your TTU Blackboard Sign-in password, follow the steps given below:
- The first step is to visit the official portal of TTU Blackboard and click on the option of ‘Forgot Password?’ given there.
- Now, it will direct you to another page where you are required to enter your eRaider username and Date of Birth in MMDDYY format in the respective fields and then select Continue.
- Now, the portal will ask you to select any one medium from the voice call and text message to receive the verification code. After selecting it, click on Continue.
- After getting the code, you have to fill it in the field labeled ‘Enter Code’ and tap on Verify.
- At last, enter the new password > re-enter it to confirm > select Set Password.
Before setting up the new password, it is advised to check the eRaider password requirements.
Congratulations! Your new password has been generated, but you may have to wait for about five minutes to function the new password on all eRaider-authenticated services.
In order to recover your TTU Blackboard Sign-in username, follow the given procedure:
- Click on the ‘Forgot Username?’ button given in the login field.
- Now, it will direct you to the eRaider Username Finder page available on the Account Manager portal, where you have to enter your legal first & last name and Date of Birth in MMDDYY format in the respective fields. And then, you have to select Continue.
- Now, choose either voice call or text message to get the verification code on your registered phone number, and then select Continue.
- After getting the six-digit code, enter it in the given field and click on Verify button given next to it.
- Now, the system will generate a new eRaider username for you that will display on the screen.
After that, you can continue the login process by using this new username.
Note: No member of TTU asks you to share your username and password, so it is advised to not share it with anybody. Also, if you are having any issues regarding the password and username resetting, you may contact IT Help Central at 806-742-4357 or can get the solution at the help central website.
Blackboard Login TTU Contact Information and Important Links
Sometimes, TTU Blackboard locks the user’s profile temporarily due to some reasons. In such a case, wait for at least 15 minutes to get the issue resolved from the university’s end.
Otherwise, you can directly contact Blackboard Support. The contact details and important links for the same are given below:
In short, the TTU Blackboard platform is user-friendly, open, flexible, and centered on enhancing students’ achievements and also serves as a Student Information System.
It also invites professors to share their schedules, thoughts, lesson plans, PowerPoint presentations, and examination papers with scholars. Apart from that, students can also easily access the course materials, assignments, and opportunities for group collaboration.
In case you are facing some issues regarding the blackboard even after going through this article, you can visit the official login portal of TTU or can ask your query at the above-mentioned contact details. Apart from that, you can physically visit the administration desk if possible.
Read Next: 13 Amazing Techniques for Improving Reading Comprehension Skills
The Blackboard of TTU can be accessed from any computer, tablet, or mobile device easily.
To submit an assignment:
- Log in to Blackboard > navigate to your course.
- In the Assignment or Coursework head, go to the assignment submission link.
- Follow the prompts to submit your file.
- After uploading, click on Submit.
To check your grades:
- Log in to Blackboard > go to My Grades section from the left-hand menu.
- Select your course from the list.
- Now, click on the Course Grade Information to check your grades.
It is an additional layer of security to your eRaider account. It restricts others from accessing your dashboard, even if they know your password, by sending an OTP to your registered mobile number every time to complete the sign-in process.
Ans. The Blackboard Learn app allows TTU students to check their grades, ranks, course content, and other relevant information. It can be installed from Google Play Store or App Store.
This is an app that helps TTU instructors to manage their courses, interact with students, and view other content.
The minimum grade required to pass a course at TTU is D.
An A is 93-96% on a 4.0 scale.