This is a free course offered by the University of Cape Town to help teachers accommodate their classes as per the requirements of students with hearing disabilities.
The course is designed around three pillars – helping teachers understand the deaf community, identifying their needs and expectations, and finding ways to accommodate their needs.
Key Learning Points
- Understand the perspective and issues of people with hearing disabilities
- Learn the role of teachers in the learning experiences of deaf children
- Know the different services available for a deaf child
- Learn how teachers can create an accessible learning experience for people with hearing disabilities
- Perform self-reflections to become capable of caring
- Discuss deeply deaf child issues with peers
|Perks of the Course
|Full Lifetime Access
|Readings, quizzes, and discussion prompts
|15 hours of video tutorials
|4 creative modules
|Certificate of completion
|Full online access