If you are someone who is inspired to teach and has also been impressed by Chegg’s services, you can become a Chegg expert. Today, we are going to present the various ways you can also become a tutor on Chegg.
The recent pandemic has shifted education to several online portals. Whether you are a student or an educator, you must have heard the name Chegg.
This edtech company has assisted thousands of students with homework help, buying and renting books, virtual tutoring, and many more. Chegg’s answers have such a reputation among students that they are looking for ways to get Chegg answers for free.
The specialist guidance on Chegg comes from proficient Chegg expert who are immensely qualified and experienced in their subject, alongside having a passion for making positive changes in student lives.
Follow our table of contents and travel to your preferred location on the write-up.
As for some one-on-one guidance, Chegg is now famed for its ‘Chegg expert’ service.
Want to be a part of Chegg’s journey and teach young minds? Let’s get started with the process to enroll in the Chegg online tutoring service.
How to Become a Chegg Expert?
Reaching students as a tutor is not an easy process. You might be having the knowledge and expertise of a niche yet may not find the right classroom. You need to advertise yourself to prove your worth. Fortunately, now we have Chegg.
Enrolling with Chegg online tutoring service, helps you reach your right audience effortlessly and devote your skills and time in the right direction. Starting your tutoring journey with Chegg is quite an easy process. Let us now discuss the various requisites and answer your query, “How to become a Chegg expert?”.
Chegg Expert Registration Process
Through Chegg, you work with students of a variety of age groups and learning styles. Chegg gives you the platform to achieve the merit of your expertise as well as room for enhancement. It gives you the option to also mentor in many subjects other than the one you started with.
Chegg Expert Registration Process starts with a simple application process. You just need to submit certain documents and wait for the Chegg verification process to complete. You would be a certified Chegg expert in no time.
Following is the list of valid certificates or documents that you can submit for the Chegg expert verification process. Note that you only have to submit any 2 of these:
- A scanned copy of your college degree or diploma.
- Your Student ID.
- Copies of a few of your University transcripts.
- Screenshot of your college/University’s official portal account with your Student ID and full name.
- A previous teaching experience, and certifications.
- A photo of you holding any identity proof like your passport or driving license.
After you have all the requisites handy, it is time to sign up for a Chegg account.
- Now click on the “Sign in” tab in the top right corner.
- Click on “Sign Up”.
- After you have signed up for a free trial account, choose “Become a tutor”.
- Now upload the documents as per the instructions on the screen.
- Then wait for your application to get approved.
As part of Chegg’s tutor application, you also need to clear certain tests. These check your knowledge in the respective field you selected to deem you fit for the organization. You can also take this process one notch higher from your side. Just record a comprehensive video that will present your skills and versatility and help you prove why you are a suitable choice as a Chegg expert.
You can include your knowledge of the subjects and the sources you follow, or you can mention some aspects of your learning styles (whether you prefer the dynamic kinesthetic learning one or the more experiential hands-on learning style).
These simple steps will land you a prestigious place in the League of Talented Chegg expert. Whether you want to nurture the blooming student minds or just want to have some side income from the comfort of your home, Chegg is an excellent choice for both.
We are going to discuss the financial credits for a tutor on Chegg next.
How Much Do Chegg Expert Earn?
When you are an active tutor on Chegg, you get to encounter student questions 24/7. Being an online service, the platform is always on. And so is your earning.
Income on Chegg is based on the number of hours you devote or spend with the students. Students can avail of the tutoring sessions through either video chats or text chats.
- For one hour, the flat rate is $20.
- Anything less than an hour is calculated on a pro-rata basis, which means payment is based on the lesson length. The minimum length of a lesson is 5 minutes.
- Educators are paid on a weekly basis, every Thursday.
- All Chegg expert get their earnings through PayPal.
- These earnings are also taxable.
The reason the ‘Chegg expert’ service is also gaining rapid popularity is that you get to reach out to a large audience through Chegg. Your clientele consists of pre-selected students who are in need of your assistance in the subject(s) you have to command.
If you are here, you sure are someone who must have heard about the career opportunities offered by Chegg. And you, too, want to harness the benefits. To motivate you more for your career as a Chegg expert, we will now put forth its exciting merits in a nutshell.
Advantages of Being a Tutor on Chegg
Being a mentor is actually a fulfilling job in essence. You share your knowledge and insights with young minds and get to lead them in their quest for knowledge. Your prowess in a subject lets you help students in the areas they are struggling with and ultimately makes them fall in love with learning.
Chegg is one of the most popular edtech tutoring platforms today. All you need to do is put in a little extra effort to make your Chegg expert profile eye-catchy enough. This will land you more student interactions and increase your income. Right now, becoming a tutor on Chegg is one of the best choices for someone who needs a regular income source.
Take a look at the exclusive perks a Chegg expert gets:
- Starting with the weekly payment option. Rather than waiting for a whole month, your Chegg-earned salary will reach your account in just a week.
- The platform also offers referral pay. Every time a friend of yours registers on Chegg through your referral link, you earn a bonus.
- Your classes can travel with you. Whether you are sitting in your cozy room, or watching seagulls from a Cruise ship, you can answer student questions just the same. You would be that chill tutor on Chegg who can share some snippets from their tour.
- There are so many subjects to choose from. Whether you are a science geek or a Wordsmith inspiring budding authors, you will definitely find your niche.
- One of the best things is that there is no hassle of installing some special software or downloading a certain application. Your tutoring tasks are carried out on the official Chegg website.
An educational platform with over 2.9 million subscribers, Chegg surely has some appealing features which have earned it its current reputation. The aforementioned merits of the Chegg online tutoring program describe why taking up the role of a Chegg expert can be a smart choice.
However, the role of a tutor on Chegg may not be everyone’s cup of tea. Even though this might seem astonishing, there are certain drawbacks to this role that cannot be overcome by all.
Some Demerits of Being a Chegg expert
The exam seasons create a heavy rush on the platform. Because there are a higher number of student queries to attend to, Chegg also offers hikes and bonuses to Chegg expert, which can be up to 10% to 35%. Lots of diligent educators have also claimed to have earned over $1000 in a month.
Nonetheless, the lucrative schemes of Chegg still may not be enough for some. So what makes some tutors pull back from the role? The following points will make it clear.
- Even though the weekly pay system may sound attractive as starting salary, it might not deem fit for a more experienced lot. Chegg offers a fixed rate that remains unaffected by your experience gain.
- Chegg strictly adheres to PayPal as its financial partner. So this is the only application you need to register with for your Chegg expert earnings.
- Chegg does promise regular work and regular pay. However, it is not necessary for everyone to have the same amount of success. A Chegg expert’s earnings also fluctuate due to season, as there are several periods that may not see active students.
- Some students can also manipulate the services of Chegg for their own unethical motives. For instance, many Chegg expert had previously reported being blackmailed by students to complete assignments or tests on the pretext of giving negative reviews.
- In recent times, Chegg has also attracted some discredit as students have been actively using Chegg answers to cheat in their exams.
Although all the above points are valid, the advantages of being a Chegg expert would still outweigh the demerits. Chegg’s colossal contribution to distance education and learning during the pandemic has rightfully bestowed it with the title of “most valuable edtech company in America” by Forbes, as per Wikipedia.
Starting your journey as a Chegg expert does not require you to have some advanced degree. You can be a recent grad student or a new educator and can still become a tutor on Chegg.
All you need is a good understanding of a subject of your choice and patience and dedication towards imparting knowledge. There’s no need to be a US citizen or resident to tutor on Chegg. Your qualifications are your route to success.