If you want a well-designed course on mathematical thinking from a highly reputed university, then this is the one. This course is being offered for free by Stanford on Coursera.
It is a highly practical course that seeks to build in users the ability to think outside the box. The course also claims to build in users the skill set to think like professional mathematicians, who can look at most of the real-world problems in a mathematical manner.
Key Learning Points
- Analysis of language for use in mathematics
- Learn to formalize concepts from everyday life
- Understand the importance of the balance between preciseness and ambiguity
- Detailed view on calculus and mathematical proofs
- Understand number theory and Real Analysis
- Build confidence through quizzes and peer reviews
|Perks of the Course
|Full Lifetime Access
|Quizzes and peer review
|35 hours of video tutorials
|9 powerful modules
|Certificate of completion
|Full online access