If you are keen to learn about matrix algebra and its basic principles, then this course is for you. However, it is recommended that you undertake a university-level single variable calculus course, before attempting this one.
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology has designed this course around four modules – matrices, vector spaces, systems of linear equations, and eigenvalues and eigenvectors.
Key Learning Points
- Learn about matrices – special matrices, orthogonal and permutation, and transpose and inverse of a matrix
- Understand the ways of solving systems of linear equations and computing the matrix inverse
- Learn the ways of using LU decomposition
- Know about vector spaces and the rules of arithmetic
- Learn the ways of computing determinants
- Understand the ways of dealing with eigenvalues and eigenvectors
|Perks of the Course
|Full Lifetime Access
|Quizzes, problems, and lecture notes
|19 hours of video tutorials
|4 theory modules
|Certificate of completion
|Full online access